[PROPOSED] Huron-class Destroyer

The place to ask questions, share information, and discuss specifications such as starships, starbases, shuttlecraft, runabouts, and starfighters with the Department of Research & Development.

Moderator: Fleet Council

Postby Arcos » Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:37 pm

Saucer:
Deck A: Observation deck - dinning/recreation
Deck 1: Crew Deck - dinning, lodging
Deck 2: Bridge, Transporter Room 1 and 2, conference room, Ready Room Co, XO's Office
Deck 3: VIP Quarters, XO quarters, CO quarters, Senior Officer Quarters, officer's Dinning hall
Deck 4: Science Labs 1 and 2, Medical Bay 1 and 2, Deflector control 1 and 2, Weapons arrays 1-5
Deck 5: Brig

Stardrive/nacelles:
Deck A: Upper Nacelle(1) maintenance access (exterior)
Deck 1: Nacelle(1) Plasma manifold access (exterior)
Deck 2: Lower Nacelle(1) maintenance access (exterior)
Deck 3: Fusion Power systems, Airlock/EV Suit locker
Deck 4: Recyling/synthesizer, Auxilary controls, Main Engine (warp)
Deck 5: Cargo bay 1 and 2, Shuttle bay, Armory 1 and 2, upper nacelle(2) Access(exterior)
Deck B: Holo imaging, nacelle(2) plasma manifold access(exterior)
Deck C: Lower Nacelle (2) maintenance access(exterior)
Last edited by Arcos on Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Arcos

Postby Arcos » Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:52 pm

=== Personnel ===
Crew Complement: 32 (6 senior Officers, 2 Command, 8 junior Officers, 16 Enlisted)
Quarters Occupancy: 38 (2 Command; 24 Crew; 6 senior Officer; 6 VIP)
Max Occupancy: 102 (30 converted Cargo bays + 12 shared VIP quarters + 12 senior officers + 6 Brig + 4 CO/XO)
shuttle bay: 2x Type VI shuttle pods, 1x Type VIII Shuttle pod
Escape pods: 48 (2 personnel per a pod)

=== Engineering ===
2x Fusion Power Generators
Mk VII Standard Warp Core
auxiliary power storage
Mk VII Dual Deflector/Shield Device
2x Personnel Transporters
2x Cargo Transporters
2x Recycling/synthesizer systems

=== Science/Med ===
2x General Labratories
2x Medical Bays
Deflector control (two access points):
1. Deflector/shield access, auxiliary tractor beam
2. Tractor Beam access, auxiliary deflector/shied
Holo-imaging (Astrometrics/Stellar Cartography)

=== Tactical/Security ===
2x Armory weapons lockers
3x Brig holding cells
2x Mk VII Fore phase Arrays
1x Mk VII Fore Photon Torpedo launcher
1x Mk VII Aft Photon Torpedo Launcher
1x Mk VII star bird phase Array
1x Mk VII Port side phase Array
Last edited by Arcos on Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Arcos

Postby Iluvar » Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:55 pm

Moderator Note: Split original topic by forum user Arcos into separate proposals, one for each starship class.

Arcos wrote:
Huron Class - Desroyer:

http://www.orbitronz.com/tabletop/feddestroyer/
Iluvar

Re: [PROPOSED] Huron-class Destroyer

Postby Iluvar » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:31 pm

This looks like a great start to your proposal for the Huron-class Destroyer. It has been some time since someone outside of the Department of Research & Development has brought forward a starship design for consideration. I particularly appreciate the work you've done to develop deck listings and operating statistics as it is not always easy to accomplish this with new starship designs, especially ones we've never really seen on our television of movie screens before. We will surely get the nitty-gritty of hashing out statistical details later. Still, the work you've put into this so far is to be commended. I would certainly love to see more.
Vice Admiral Iluvar
Frequent Community Visitor
Eighth "Horizon" Fleet
Iluvar

Postby Arcos » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:16 pm

Dimensions: 130 meter x 70 meters x 80 meters
Conecpt: "tow truck" (tow vessel)
Heavy Frigate (Weapons heavy)

Developed @ Alpha Centauri Yards
Proposed: 2287
Rejected: 2288
RE-design: 2290 - Experimental: NX 2702 Huron
In Service: USS Huron, USS Galen, USS Lumberjack, USS Babe, USS Paul Bunyon
Mothballed: USS Finland - 2346, USS Jollen - 2346, USS Steamwic - 2346
Destroyed: Fenway - 2306, Moleman - 2316, Tucker - 2320, Wrangler - 2322
Arcos

Postby Arcos » Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:30 pm

Arcos

Postby Iluvar » Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:12 pm

It appears from the information you've provided that we are looking at a starship design first introduced during the late twenty-third century (otherwise known as The Movie Era - TME) with most of the vessels having been phased out, replaced, or destroyed by the middle of the twenty-fourth century. This means we will have to be looking at everything through the lens of that time period in Federation Starfleet history.

One challenge this presents is that our starship classifications (i.e. Corvette, Frigate, Cruiser, etc.) are based on starship designs of the mid to late twenty-fourth century. This means the Huron-class could be classified as a Frigate even though it does not meet the official length requirements just as the refit Constitution-class design is classified as a Cruiser even though it does not meet the official length requirements. In other words, we may not have to worry about adjusting the starship classification for the Huron-class unless it doesn't make sense relative to other vessels of the time period (i.e. refit Constitution-class, Excelsior-class, Miranda-class, etc).

That said, I don't think I would have any issue considering the Horatio-class as a possible Engineering Support Vessel and/or starship tug. When I think of the kind of vessel you're describing, I imagine an image used by another simming community as the Grommet-class Support Vessel found here. I know it doesn't come close to matching the shape and design of your proposal, but it does appear to be capable of serving as both starship tug and support for the Horatio-class. Is this sort of what you had in mind for the Huron-class design?
Vice Admiral Iluvar
Eighth "Horizon" Fleet
Iluvar

Postby Arcos » Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:47 pm

Yes, I see it as a lingering class into early TNG such was the Miranda/Oberth. I don't think the images match the deck listing, as the TUG pictured is more similar to Oberth class, basically the Huron has nacelle on the X,Y axis as opposed to the normal Y,Z axis, if that makes sense.
Arcos

Postby Iluvar » Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:59 pm

I guess I am a little confused by the X,Y Axis reference. Are you referring to a nacelle structure such as [url=http://www.shipschematics.net/startrek/images/federation/destroyer_apollo_ref.jpg]this[url]? Found this design over at starshipschematics.net and wasn't sure if it was more in line with what you were thinking.
Vice Admiral Iluvar
Eighth "Horizon" Fleet
Iluvar

Postby Arcos » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:21 pm

Yes that's the configuration.... the nacelle I had is a bit different and reflects a generation after the Apollo as I see it.
Techincally, the nacelles have depth to them in 3-dimensions, but this diagram should show the two most prevalent...
I suppose its more "X" vs "Z" axis and is arbitrary depending on positioning of the vessel, but if "0" was attributed value of the front of the nacelles then you'd have this relation shown below:

Arcos

Postby Arcos » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:26 pm

This is probably more what you are used to:

Arcos

Just for fun

Postby Arcos » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:45 pm

The images of the ship should differ from viewable angles: UP/DOWN is X, Forward/Reverse is Y, Side/Side is Z
(-Y and +Z) is kind of a reverse bringing the bridge to the left... (-X and + Z) is a bank to the Left.

My guess is in the real deal it would help to have directional changes in the Heading display
Arcos

Return to Specification Design Team