A few messing around images

Have a work in progress, or a finished graphic you'd like to show off? Put it here

Moderator: Fleet Council

A few messing around images

Postby Androski » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:57 pm

So, as you might know if you've read one of my other recent posts, I've been messing around with 3D images as of late and I've got a few that I think look pretty good. Of course, I know my opinion is a bit biased, so I thought I'd post a few things here for commentary. What do you like? What don't you like? What could be better?

Here's something I made using a few meshes I've downloaded, mostly from STMC. I also added in the SB484 logo I created. I know the scale is off (specifically with the Sovereign and the Defiant) as the Astral-class is supposed to hold 200 ships, but it was more for getting the hang of using more than one mesh on a single image.

This was my first try at putting a 3d object in to replace something that was in a 2d picture. I took the gateroom from Stargate Atlantis for the base image, and took a basic mesh of the Stargate Universe Stargate and added a texture to it (there was none to begin with). I replaced the Atlantis gate with the modified Universe gate.

This one's essentially the same, only from another angle. I also replaced the image of Wier that was in her office with an image of my CO character.

So, there you have it. A few of my early sandbox sculptures. Any thoughts are welcomed. Good, bad, or ugly.
Androski

Re: A few messing around images

Postby Androski » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:20 pm

Nothing really 3D with these images, but two of them are completely from scratch.

This is obviously one of my earlier images, but this time the gateway is active. Like the gateway itself, my primary inspiration for the active gateway was from the Iconian Gateway. Then I took a little bit from the Guardian of Forever and gave the image a foggy appearance.

Here's the first of the completely original images. Taking a little inspiration from Stargate, I made up this Gateway Dialing Device that is located within the Ancient Facility near the gateway. It would be the primary way to control the gateway from our end.

Thinking about how to dial from alien worlds, I took from the Stargate Universe and created this smaller version of the Gateway Dialing Device that can attach to the wrist. It would also help tie in some plans for the Fleet Story Arc that had been planned before I left a while ago.

Anyway, there you have it. A few more images from my workshop. If you'd like more detailed descriptions, check out the 484 sites database or pm/email me. I have a few more, but they're going to play a role in later missions and I don't want to give away any secrets of the gateway before it's time to reveal them.
Androski

Return to Graphics Gallery