weapon-y and badge-y WIPs

Have a work in progress, or a finished graphic you'd like to show off? Put it here

Moderator: Fleet Council

weapon-y and badge-y WIPs

Postby HaphazardGeek » Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:14 pm

Just started playing with my treked up p90 and came up with a sleeker version then that just sort of carried on and i started coming up with a new range or weapons.

guess my intention was to make something thats both an evolution of the current designs with a old skool touch.

Still all WIP:
(the last is intended to be a sniper rifle variant)

I also started to tinker around with a type2 that would work with them but i'm having issues with that as you can see by two VERY initial doodles:
any suggestions for type2s?
Last edited by HaphazardGeek on Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
HaphazardGeek

Postby HaphazardGeek » Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:44 pm

trying out some different ideas for a tyoe 2...

HaphazardGeek

Postby Krace » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:58 am

I like #1 as a sort of standard-issue Type-II, but I think that #5 or #6 look quite good as a possible marine-issue Type-II, for a more militaristic look and feel :)

They're looking good!
Krace

Postby HaphazardGeek » Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:23 pm

Ok a few updates to my random project to fill my time, coloured a little darker to keep up the sleek look and maybe a bit more militaristic. Thinking these could maybe be versions slightly further into the future:

Type III version 1-
Intended as a standard issue pulse rifle

Type III version 2-
Long barrel version of the standard issue (beam firing)

Type III version 3-
Shorter version for closer quarters

Type III version 4-
Sniper rifle version

Also worked on the hand phaser ideas i had, still not sure which i prefer, maybe 2 or 6?

1. A loosely based on TOS sort of thing, maybe a bit too small.

2. The one that sticks closer to the design of the rifles so far (maybe pulse firing?)

3. Tried sticking a more conventional type II emitter onto the pistol phaser idea.

4. Played around with a more angular version of the TNG type II and mixed it in with the pistol idea.

5. Wanted to see what a curved type II would look like with a trigger so here it is

6. Most conservative of the lot, just a 'regular' type II with a slightly altered handle to bring it into line
HaphazardGeek

Postby Androski » Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:27 pm

I especially like type III type 1

Great job Kik!
Androski

Postby HaphazardGeek » Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:24 pm

Forgot the thing thats started my whole mini project:

Also with the idea that this is maybe a concept for a future date i've started thinking about ideas for a new combadge design, maybe circa 2420/30? Heres the rough first draft of some:

4 is a modernised current version, 5 is a slightly tweaked version of the "All good things" which i quite like even tho i was never a fan of the badge on the show
HaphazardGeek

Postby Androski » Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:37 pm

I think 5c is a pretty good look... based on what we've seen from "future" episodes.
Androski

Postby HaphazardGeek » Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:27 am

Forgot the most obvious design of badge, the HF logo! (well very similar to it) silly me.

I think I lean towards one of the 3s or 5s personally
HaphazardGeek

Postby HaphazardGeek » Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:09 pm

And now we have the first doodlings on a new tricorder, taken a bit of inspiration from Enterprise of all places and having the end slide out rather than flip down as on the current model....

HaphazardGeek

Postby Meyer » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:04 pm

kikmequik wrote:Forgot the most obvious design of badge, the HF logo! (well very similar to it) silly me.
I think I lean towards one of the 3s or 5s personally

4 looks like lips. On 8, you didn't extend the horizon line out... for shame...

And I rather like 1A.
Tony
Meyer

Postby Alliyn Morai » Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:57 pm

I like 5B

Also keeping a eye on those weapon designs as I have a lot of interest in Personal weapons in the star trek universe. If you ever need some one to write down the technical data about those down I would be glad to be of assistance.
Within Hf: XO USS Amazon, CIO starbase Sanctuary, Squad leader USS shiloh
Outside Hf: CO USS Independence, CO USS Infinity, Leader of warbird control IRW Del'Vor

"There are many who can pick up the blade and fight to save thier own live, But only few who can pick up that same blade to fight for an other persons live.” Captain Jane Vyre USS Infinity.
Alliyn Morai

Return to Graphics Gallery